Detailed itinerary-Golden eagle festival 2020
The festival will held 3-4the 0f October.
Day 1 Arrive to Olgii province
Olgii is highest Mongolian aimag (province). For the most part is located in the Mongolian Altai mountain region. The aimag is famous for the traditional hunting method using trained golden eagles. An estimated 80% of the world`s eagle hunters live here.
At local airport you will be met one of the our representative: driver, English speaking guide, and cooker. Upon your arrival Olgii you will visit local Bazaar(outdoor market) and central museum of Olgii province. Make shopping for local art and souvenir. Overnight accommodation in Tsambagarav hotel or Ger camp. ( as your choice). B+L+D
Day 2 To attend Golden eagle festival
The Golden eagle festival starts 10:00 o'clock.
- Registration of credential eagle hunter
- Opening ceremony of annual golden eagle festival
- Competition of best kazakh costume, eagle and horse harness
- Horse racing
- Lunch break
- Competition of how eagle adapted to hunters
- Tenge ilu competition (traditional coin grabbing game while riding a horse);
- Urianhai archery competition
- Competition of the best kazakh costume of couples
- The folk concert at the local theatre of Olgii town.
Overnight accommodation in Ger camp B+L+D
Day 3 To attend Golden eagle festival
- Competition of how eagles adapted to hunters "Shyrga Tartu" ( the eagles will be qualified how fast and smoothy catch a lure that made of fox or hare skin).
- Camel racing
- "Kyz kuar" game show (Traditional horseback riding fun game for youth, boys whipped by girls if they reached by them).
- Lunch break
- Continuation of the game
- Kukhbar competition( Traditional horseback riding game fight over for goat skin).
- Award ceremony for winners of festival
- Closing ceremony. Overnight accommodation in Ger camp B+L+D
Day 4 Explore Tolbo lake
Tolbo lake is one of the biggest freshwater lakes in western Mongolia and about 50 kilometers south of Olgii , on the main road between Olgii and Khovd city. The lake is 2000 meters above the sea level. Tolbo lake is one of the best tourist attraction places. Furthermore the lake is a favorite place for fishing and picnics. On this day you will relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of the lakeshore and its surroundings.
Overnight accommodation: Ger camp B+L+D
Day 5 Farewell to Bayan-Olgii province.
After breakfast you will driven to the local airport with your guide for your return flight to Ulaanbaatar.
The Eagle festival, or Golden Eagle festival -is an annual traditional festival held in Bayan-Olgii province Olgii town in Mongolia. In the eagle festival, Kazakh eagle hunters celebrate their heritage and compete to catch animal fur from distance with specially trained golden eagles, showing off the skills both of the birds and their trainers. Prizes are awarded for speed, agility and accuracy, as well as for the best traditional Kazakh dress, and more.
Tour price includes:
- Flight tickets to and from Olgii
- Local English-speaking guide full time service
- Experienced driver and cook
- land transportation,
- Camping equipment,
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner with snacks in between,
Tour price doesn’t include:
- International airfare
- Travel insurance
- Excess baggage charge
- Passport and visa fees
- Optional additional activity cost
- Personal expenses
- Special order in cafes and restaurant